CAP Artisan Gift Policy
Cre8ive Artisans Pod (CAP) is a not-for-profit online shop that sells handmade products created by Artisans living in Western Australia (WA). All items gifted for sale on the CAP Shop are considered donations to CAP for the purpose of raising funds to support disadvantaged artisans in developing countries.
We want to be sure that the products sold by CAP are authentic handmade items produced by WA artisans (Gifter Artisans). As a rule, handmade products are items that have been made by you and not a third party. If you gift a handmade product to CAP, you inherently agree to abide by the guidelines outlined in this document.
When gifting an item, Gifter Artisans are required to complete the relevant Gift – Product Description form, which includes a comprehensive description of the item to be sold on the CAP Shop.
By gifting an item(s) to CAP you agree to:
- Provide honest, accurate information about yourself and your business
- Accurately represent your handmade items
- Provide only handmade items that are designed and/or made by you within Western Australia and that meet all relevant legal and safety standards within Australia
- Respect the intellectual property of others. If you feel someone has violated your intellectual property rights on our website, you can report it to CAP.
Regifting: CAP does not allow regifting. The term regifting means gifting an item where you have had no part in designing or making. If your gift is deemed to violate our policies, it will be removed from our site and your Gifter Artisan account could be suspended or terminated.
Misrepresentation: We don’t want people using CAP to misrepresent who they are or what they’re doing. If a handmade item is not as described, CAP reserves the right to not accept it and we will return it to the Gifter Artisan at their cost.
The following are examples of “not as described” cases:
- The item is a different colour, model, version or size than is shown in the photo or described in the listing.
- The item has a different design or material.
- The item is incorrectly promoted as designed and/or made in WA.
- The Artisan failed to disclose the fact that an item is damaged or is missing parts.
- The condition of the item is misrepresented. For example, the description at the time of purchase said the item was “new” and the item is used.
- The item is not fit for purpose.
Damaged or faulty goods: Where an item has been sold and returned as damaged or not fit for purpose, the customer will be reimbursed by CAP and, depending on circumstances, referred to the artisan who gifted the item to seek a replacement item. If a gifted item is not fit for sale when received by CAP, it will be returned at the Gifter Artisans’ expense. Items damaged in transit to CAP will be referred to the postal/courier company for recompense and will not be the responsibility of the Gifter Artisan.
Promotion and Communication
All artisans who gift a product to CAP will have their businesses/personal name, and a link to their website/social media page listed on our website. This allows CAP to promote the Gifter Artisan who created the item to our customers, and customers are encouraged to contact the Gifter Artisan’s website to further explore their creative offerings.
However, Gifter Artisans are not permitted to:
- Send unsolicited advertising, promotions, requests or spam to other users
- Harass or abuse other users
- Contact another user after they have explicitly asked you not to
- Interfere with the businesses of other users
Receipt: When you submit a Gift – Product Description form an automatic email will be sent to you with a copy of the details you submitted. CAP Admin will review the form and contact you if further details are required or need clarification.
Artwork: You may provide your own photographic artwork in accordance with the requirements on the Gift – Product Description form, or CAP can photograph the items for you. Where using your own photographs you agree not to use stock photos, artistic renderings, or photos used by other sellers or sites.
Delivery or collection of Item: CAP Admin will confirm with you the arrangements for delivery or collection of the item(s), as noted on the Gift – Product Description form(s).
Storage of Item by CAP: Please note any specific storage requirements (for example, temperature, light, moisture) of your item in the relevant section on the Gift – Product Description form(s).
Unsold Items: Items that remain unsold after 90 days may be re-used in support of CAP goals and the Gifter Artisan’s details will be retained on the CAP website. A Gifter Artisan may request that the item be returned to them and their details removed from the website.
Non-adherence to Gift Policy
Where these guidelines are not adhered to by the Gifter Artisan, their item(s) and contact details may be removed from the CAP website. Relevant authorities may also be informed where we believe there is a genuine risk of physical harm or a direct threat to public safety.